ATS Racing 2.2 3SGTE Stroker
Engine shown with optional L19 head studs. Oil filter adapter, oil pump, oil feed adapter, and oil pan sold separately
There is no replacement for displacement. By adding approximately 10% more displacement to the original MR2 engine customers are finding much quicker turbo spool up, better driveability, wider torque curves, and excellent low rpm response. The ATS 2.2 stroker short block is built from a 3SGTE block so there is no additional fabrication required for installation. All accessories, oil and water lines bolt up just like factory. Each 2.2 stroker short block includes:
- 3SGTE cylinder block - bored .020" over, checked, decked as necessary
- 5SFE crankshaft - machined to accept 3SGTE connecting rods.
- Correct rear main seal
- Reconditioned 3SGTE rods
- ATS Forged Pistons (built for us by Wiseco) .020" over bore pistons with file-to-fit rings
- ACL standard engine bearings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Hand assembled by ATS Racing, the world's most experienced 3SGTE engine builder
- Gen 3, 4, 5 versions available, but cores are extremely limited
- Freight charges will be higher than what our website calculates. Typical business delivery is $250, residential is $400, international is $500+
- Shipping weight 190 lbs.
Special options are below (prices are with shortblock purchase only)
OPTIONAL 5S Block Upgrade - good for 450+ rwhp
Good choice for 450+ RWHP builds
Block will be prepped and ready for installation in your MR2, but will require additional 5S-specific parts for install: 5S water pump, 5S oil cooler and hard pipes, and oil feed adapter for turbo. All parts are available from ATS here: 5S block conversion kit. The 5S blocks will not clear the transfer case on Celica Alltrac / GT-four without significant modification.